Fridays are “Pharaoh’s Fridays“! We like to take traditional, Egyptian recipes and adapt them so they are entirely plant-based!
Today is the last Friday of Ramadan. Next week, many Egyptians will be celebrating the end of the holy month. Family and friends will have special meals together, just as they do in any other culture, no matter what religion. Eating brings us together.
One of the things we like to do at Alf Hana is make it possible for Egyptians interested in eating plant-based foods to still be able to enjoy their traditional favorites and comfort foods. So, we have, over these last 10 months, posted many of our plant-based versions of Egyptian favorites. Today, we’ve gathered them into one post so you can easily access them as you plan your holiday menus!
- Macaroni bil bechamel
- Zucchini bil bechamel
- “Meat Pie” Rou’ak
- “Meatless” Meatballs Kofta
- Filo Pastry Pie Goulash
- Stuffed Grape Leaves (Wara Einab)
- Green Soup Molokheiya
- Butter Cookies with Date Filling Kahk
- Sweet Semolina Cake Basbousa
- Apricot Pudding Qamar Al Din
- Konafa with Banana Pudding
- Shortbread Cookies Ghoreiyba
- Pharaoh’s Friday #13: Pureed Potatoes with Black Beans (alfhana.wordpress.com)
- Try new plant based recipes during St. Mary’s fast (alfhana.wordpress.com)
- Enjoy plant-based versions of your favorite foods during Ramadan (alfhana.wordpress.com)