Yes, DONUTS! If you’re looking for a fun breakfast that’s not high in fat, try these baked goodies. They’re best fresh, so be sure to share with your friends!
Makes about 23 miniature donuts
1 cup soymilk (or other-non dairy milk)
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat 350 F / 180 C / gas mark 4
2. Whisk non-dairy milk, lemon juice, maple syrup, sugar and vanilla. They should become foamy and bubbly.
3. Add the remaining ingredients. Whisk.
4. Pour wet into dry. Do not over stir.
5. Lightly grease your donut pan. Using a small spoon, put enough batter in each circle to fill it about half way. If you fill more than half way, your donut may rise above the center.
6. Bake about 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, make the icing. We use the same recipe we used for our Creamy Jumble Drops.
8. Once donuts are finished cooking, let them rest in the pan for about 5 minutes. They should be easy to remove then. Once removed, dip them into the warm icing and cool on wire racks.
Nutritional Information (for 1 of 23 miniature donuts):
Calories: 85; Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 g; Carbohydrates: 14 g; Fiber: 0 g; Protein: 1 g