500 g zucchini (about 6 zucchini), quartered lengthwise and cut in half
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons salt, divided
1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas (or one can)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
1 teaspoon black pepper
Prepare the zucchini
Preheat the over to 200 degrees C, 400 degrees F, or gas mark 6.
1. Cut the zucchini in quarters and then in half horizontally.
2. Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, the cayenne pepper, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and paprika in a medium bowl.
3. Add the zucchini to the oil and spices mix and stir until all the zucchini are well covered.
4. Arrange the spiced zucchini flat on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, until slightly browned and tender.
Prepare the chickpeas
5. Fry the onion and garlic in the 2nd tablespoon of olive oil until transparent.
6. Add the black pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt to the onion and garlic and fry for one more minute.
7. Add the chickpeas and cook for 8-10 minutes, until chickpeas become slightly browned.
8. Add the grilled zucchini and fry for about 5 more minutes.
Serve hot over rice, macaroni, bulgur, with bread, or on its own!
Calories: 305, Fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 0 g, Carbohydrates: 45 g, Fiber: 10 g, Protein: 11 g