Even if you don’t like eggplants very much, you will love this creamy, tangy, eggplant salad. My favorite way to eat this is on tameya (or falafel), but you can eat it on crackers, bread or with chopped up veggies! YUMMMMYYY!!!
250 grams eggplant (about 2 medium eggplants)
1 clove garlic
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
½ tablespoon lemon or lime juice
½ tablespoon vinegar
½ tablespoon water
Prepare the eggplant.
1. Wash the eggplant. Boil it whole for about 30 minutes, or until very soft when a fork is inserted.
Prepare the spice mix.
3. Crush the garlic, cumin, salt and black pepper using a mortar and pestle.
4. Add the tahini and the spice mix in a small mixing bowl.
5. Add the lime / lemon juice and the vinegar and mix well. The mix should turn a pale color.
6. Add the water.
Mix the eggplant and spice mix.
7. After the eggplant has cooled, using a spoon, gently spoon out the insides of the eggplant, discarding the skin.
8. Mash the eggplant with a fork.
9. Mix the eggplant with the spice mix.
Store in an airtight container.