Happy Ramadan to all our Muslim friends who are celebrating. It’s always a special time of year for everyone. A month full of reflection on one’s blessings, generosity to those less fortunate, and lots of delicious fast-breaking feasts with friends.
Having spend fourteen Ramadans in Egypt, we know there are a lot of traditional foods shared over iftar tables. You may think that trying to start or continue a plant-based diet during Ramadan is impossible. But at Alf Hana, we have a collection of your favorites adapted to be plant-based, healthy, and delicious!
Here is a list of the top ten traditional Egyptian / Middle Eastern recipes featured here on Alf Hana. These are listed in order of the most viewed posts on the site. Feel free to search for any not listed here – or send us an email and ask for your favorite!!!
- Egyptian Style Colocasia (Tora or Kolkas)
- Sweet Semolina Cake (Basbousa)
- Egyptian Shortbread Cookies (Ghoreiyba)
- Vegetable Filo Pastry Pie (Goulash)
- Butter Cookies with Date Filling (Kahk)
- Koushari (Egyptian Rice, Lentils, and Noodles)
- Stuffed Vegetables (Zucchini and Eggplant, Dolma)
- Spinach and Cheeze Phyllo Pastry (Sambousek)
- Macaroni with Bechamel Sauce and Mushroom Filling
- Stuffed Grape Leaves (Wara Eynab)
Have a wonderful holiday and Alf Hana!!!