Packed with protein and fiber, chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks. I like them on salads, in hummus, mashed and used for a burger (recipe coming soon!), and in curries! Not only are they quite nutritious, they are also considerably filling! Get a full tummy with less calories!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cube of vegetable bouillon, crumbled
- 500 ml of water
- 325 g of chickpeas (from a can – or soak overnight and cook about 2 hours)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 432 g of sweet corn (about 1 can)
- 6 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
1. Sautee the onion and the garlic in olive oil until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add the bouillon cube, curry powder, coriander, turmeric, and cumin and stir well. Cook about 5 more minutes.
3. Add the water, chickpeas, sweet corn and tomato, mixing all the ingredients together.
4. Cover and let simmer for around 30 minutes.
We love to serve it with bulghur, but you can have it with whatever you like….
Serving Variations and Suggestions:
- Serve with bread, rice, or other grain. We had it with bulghur.
Nutritional Information: (for 1 of 6 servings)
202 Calories; 6 g Fat; 0 mg Cholesterol; 34 g Carbohydrates; 6 g Fiber; 6 g Protein
(23% of your daily need for Vitamin A, 46% of your daily need for Vitamin C, 5% of daily need for calcium AND 13% of your daily need for IRON!!! Woohoo!!!)
What’s YOUR favorite way to eat chickpeas?