Are you yearning for a filling, tasty, summer meal? Well, you should try this.
1 package of fresh tofu, frozen and thawed (about 150 grams)*
½ package of fresh mushrooms (about 150 grams)
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup of vegan barbecue sauce**
about 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 small head of lettuce, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1. Squeeze any remaining liquid from the thawed tofu. Slice into ½ thick pieces.
2. In a skillet, fry the tofu and mushrooms in the oil until browned.
3. Remove the tofu and mushrooms from the heat and mix in the barbecue sauce and sesame seeds.
Prepare the salad:
4. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce and tomatoes with salt until well mixed.
5. Arrange the tofu and mushrooms on top of the salad.
**You can use homemade barbecue sauce, but we found an ‘accidentally’ vegan barbecue sauce in the market and it was quite tasty!! It was called “Bull’s-Eye”.
242 Calories; 11 g Fat; 0 mg Cholesterol; 27 g Carbohydrates; 4 g Fiber; 10 g Protein